[ts-gen] Shims work both ways ;)

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed Nov 8 14:35:22 EST 2006

I was tickled to see mention of a shim in the trade press
today:

Is Microsoft Going to Start a Linux War?
11.06.06
You bet! Here are the reasons why.
By John C. Dvorak

from the article:

"Sharp operators have been playing with various ways to avoid
bumping into the GPL while using Linux in proprietary
applications. Thus evolved the concept of a shim. Anyone who
has done anything mechanical is familiar with the shim. It's
usually something that is jammed into a space to shore it up
or make something less loose, such as a matchbook jammed
under a table leg to keep the table from wobbling."

We hope our use is less invidious; we just want the TWS to
bend to our will  ;)

-- Russ Herrold