[ts-gen] new IB TWS unixmaxosx.jar is missing riskfeed.jar

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Sat Jan 12 13:25:48 EST 2008

just a quick heads up to list members that IB has issues a new
unixmacosx.jar (ver 881.3, once I get it going, it seems) file
Friday, which calls for a missing riskfeed.jar

Additionally the start sequence has changed a bit and needs to
reference that new .jar.

Friday late, I spoke w Dennis St at IB, and filed a tracking
TAC big.

The fix, pending a new corrected jarball, is to manually pull
the missing .jar file, and to position the result manually.
In speaking with TAC, and with the examlpe Ireceived on the
fix from Dennis, it is clear that they are not using
Unix/Linux in their jarball release testing.  sad.

wget http://www.interactivebrokers.com/java/classes/riskfeed.jar
cp riskfeed.jar ./IBJts

and to amend one's start scripts.

# ...
JFREE="1.0.0"
JCOMM="1.0.0"
# JPLUG="pluginsupport.jar"
#       rss.jar new at 856.5
#	pluginsupport.jar out of beta aug 06
#       riskfeed.jar new at 881.x
JREST="jhall.jar:other.jar:rss.jar:pluginsupport.jar;riskfeed.jar"
#
#       find missing jar files at:
#       http://www.interactivebrokers.com/java/classes/riskfeed.jar
#
# ...
cd
java -cp \
jts.jar:jcommon-${JCOMM}.jar:jfreechart-${JFREE}.jar:${JREST}  \
         jclient.LoginFrame .

and all is well.  (well, at least one gets the login prompt,
which now sports the notice about restricted weekend hours )

-- Russ Herrold