[ts-gen] compile problems on cygwin

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri May 16 15:14:48 EDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Gabriel Ricardo wrote:

> Hello, Has anyone else tried to compile trader shim on
> cygwin?  I've successfully compiled on linux, but I get
> cryptic compile errors when I try on cygwin.

Just took a run at it.  Welcome, by the way.  You are a
pioneer here.  We'll solve it together.

Where did you pull the Mysql library headers from -- they do
not seem to be in the base Cygwin distribution?  I want to
match you setup, and remain as 'stock' as possible.

shim-080411.tgz external

$ make clean ; make all

make -j2  shim
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/herrold/shim/shim-080411'
In file included from src/constants.h:11,
                  from src/once-h.h:16,
                  from src/once.c:8:
src/sql.h:35:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from src/relation.h:11,
                  from src/tabs.h:18,
                  from src/bind-h.h:14,
                  from src/bind.c:8:
src/sql.h:35:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [once.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [bind.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/herrold/shim/shim-080411'
make: *** [all] Error 2