[ts-gen] compile problems on cygwin

Bill Pippin pippin at owlriver.net
Fri May 16 20:47:06 EDT 2008

Russ,

About your history queries: the record indices are for PastFilter
records, of which there are only 49 in the default install, so the
syntax error is to be expected.

About contracts, the tick and trin are included in LocalSet, and the
setup process goes on to add default Contracts for all static symbols,
and those futures that have a validated expiry, via LocalFut.sql.
You can check the existing contracts by running bin/get_id.sql,
saving the output to a flat file, and checking the results with
a text editor.

Also, although help has been disabled since I reworked the command
language from noun first to verb first, I went ahead and re-enabled
it just to try it out, and saved an internal release.  I then went
on to disable it again, since the text is out of data.

Finally, I'm aware of the overrun messages currently being produced by
the parser, and that place order requests attempt to save a CreateEvent
for each request, not just the first; mysql gives an error due to the
duplicate key, and the inserts fail, though with much noise to the
console.