[ts-gen] compile problems on cygwin

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Mon May 26 14:10:59 EDT 2008

On Sun, 25 May 2008, Gabriel Ricardo wrote:

> I'm still stuck on the getaddrinfo workaround.  My windows
> version (XP) has getaddrinfo function in ws2tcpip.h and
> ws2_32.dll, but I had compile errors trying to include that
> file, and link to the dll.  The errors I get are of the
> nature,

> error: redefinition of `struct timeval`
> error: redefinition of `struct hostent`
> etc...

Bill did not expressly say so, but the Windows platform we are
using is a Windows 2000 Professional box -- We have no later
Windows examplar at the office at the moment;  I'll take over
my wife's personal box at home, which is XP Home edition, and
see.

> These errors come from some of the windows include files
> that get sucked in when including ws2tcpip.h.  Seems the
> whole winsock infrastructure conflicts with some of the unix
> includes.

Curious, but frankly, the Windows environment is not so
friendly to developers as Linux [and until 1995, I formerly
developed there as my target platform]

Today is the US Memorial Day holiday, and so ...