[ts-gen] compile problems on cygwin

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue May 27 09:02:35 EDT 2008

On Mon, 26 May 2008, R P Herrold wrote:

> Bill did not expressly say so, but the Windows platform we are
> using is a Windows 2000 Professional box -- We have no later
> Windows examplar at the office at the moment;  I'll take over
> my wife's personal box at home, which is XP Home edition, and
> see.

Following up on myself, I find that there is a filesystem ACL
problem with Windows XP Home and Cygwin, where the 'admin'
account is appearing as 'Owner' with 'root' like filesystem
rights, and end users appearing in group 'Users' but without
sufficient permissions to do installs into /usr/local/ (which
is where I had ./configure'd mysql to instll the resultant
binaries and libraries).

I'll have it do an install in the building user's tree, and
try again tonight.  As the mysql build alone takes 104
minutes, it is a bit laborious.