[ts-gen] compile problems on cygwin

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Wed May 28 09:08:55 EDT 2008

On Tue, 27 May 2008, R P Herrold wrote:

> I'll have it do an install in the building user's tree, and try again
> tonight.  As the mysql build alone takes 104 minutes, it is a bit laborious.

and again following up on myself, with Windows XP Home,
updated with SP3, and the latest Cygwim, I get a perfect patch
and compile on the external from May 23.  takes a bit over
ten minutes to complete the compile and link.  I have no
idea WHY Windows/Cygwin is so slow.

By the way, the warnings about unused variables: otxt and olog
are harmless, and may be ignored.  They relate to some code
which is not yet finished, and serve as a reminder.  Similar
warnings from time to time about type conversions into a
printf are also expected, as debugging prints are inserted and
used to track down the path the shim is taking through code.

In seeking to start it:
 	./shim.exe --help
it seems to use lots of processor, and no drive, and never
returns a prompt, so function is not yet clear.

I realize that I patched away the getaddrinfo(), and so am
repeating the process without that one for inet.c at the
moment. I also get errors on some of the code in inet.c, and
so will send this along to the office for review.