[ts-gen] select bars or tick

Richard Pruss boadie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 02:54:16 EDT 2009

Sorry to ask a probably really dumb question but can someone point me
to the current doc on select into & bar, I am battling with the syntax
a bit.

I have a problem pulling either bar or tick on BHP;
SELECT * FROM testing.Symbol S where name = 'BHP'
gives one 5 ibc instruments for it.

select tick  STK:SMART:BHP:USD 1;
------------------------------^--
Process rule: Compound (tick)
Syntax error:
Grammar rule: Compound tick
Cursor state: match; text is:
select tick  STK:SMART:BHP:USD 1;
------------------------------^--
Drop:  1;

Del;

Same problem if I try ASX or any exchange, but the info statement for
it shows SMART etc;
select info STK::BHP    :	;
49311|60588|  74051698|3|10|
6|BHP|STK||0.000000||SMART|USD|BHP|BHP|BHP|4986|0.010000|0|ADJUST,ALERT,ALGO,ALLOC,AON,AVGCOST,BASKET,COND,CONDORDER,DARKPOLL,DAY,DEACT,DEACTEOD,DIS,GAT,GTC,GTD,GTT,HID,ICE,IOC,LIT,LMT,LOC,MIT,MKT,MOC,MTL,NONALGO,OCA,OPG,OPGREROUT,PREOPGRTH,REL,RTH,RTHIGNOPG,SCALE,SCALERST,SMARTSTG,STP,STPLMT,SWEEP,TIMEPRIO,TRAIL,TRAILLMT,WHATIF,|SMART,ARCA,BATS,BEX,CBSX,CHX,CSFBALGO,DRCTEDGE,EDGEA,IBSX,ISE,ISLAND,JEFFALGO,LAVA,MIBSX,NSX,NYSE,TRACKECN|1|

Where for Cisco with one 4 ibc instruments works...
select tick  STK:SMART:CSCO:USD 1;

Confused,
Ric