[ts-gen] Parent/child OCA groups [Was: Cancel Order and OCA Orders]

Ken Feng kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:57:39 EDT 2009

Hi Bill,

Thank you for your detailed description.  I got distracted with other
work, but I was able to send an implicit OCA order, after I followed
your ordering of commands carefully.

However, I am having some problems with implicit OCA groups.

You mention here:

> One nice feature of such implicit OCA groups is that, once staged,
> submission of the parent triggers transmission of the children;
> another is that the OCA group doesn't become active until the
> parent is executed.  Such bracket orders are the closest the IB tws

Suppose IBM is at $100, and I am expecting a breakout, but I don't
know the direction.  So I want to to submit the following opening
grouped order (I am starting with no positions/no orders):

1. BUY STP at $105
2. SELL STP at $95

So, if 1. gets filled, 2. gets canceled and vice versa.

I don't know how to do this in the context of an implicit order group,
as "the OCA group doesn't become active until the parent is
executed.".  It almost seems that the user-defined order group is at a
finer granularity, while implicit order groups have some "two-tiered
features" that I don't really need/can use.

I am indifferent towards the mechanism (implicit OCA group or
user-defined order group) - I just need one which can execute the kind
of order listed above.

Please advise.
Thank you.

- Ken