[ts-gen] IB Servers

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Fri Aug 21 09:21:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009, Ken Feng wrote:

> Does anyone know the roles of the three IB Servers below?
>
> - cashfarm
> - usfarm
> - ushdms2a

datafarms?
 	-- cashfarm  -- one assumes forex/idealpro data, perhaps?
 	-- usfarm    -- US equities frontend, perhaps?
 	-- ushdms2a  -- US horse, donkey add mule [live]stock
 		reports, second annex, perhaps?

> If IB is so flaky at maintaining ushdms2a, I may have to use an
> outside real-time service, which is not so good for fx due to no
> centralized exchange: bid/ask may be incongruous relative to IB.

I don't see a corelation here IB between 'maintaining'
[whatever 'maintaining' means here] a server of guessed-at
purposes, which itself may be the victim of remote exchange
outages, and a need to migrate to another service.

At the end of the day, if you trade through this counterparty,
I am certain it will provide executions, and only consider
trade adjustment reports, if at all, as it has published a
B/A spread.