[ts-gen] Adding new symbols [Was: Syntax error due to unknown symbol]

Nils Gebhardt mail at ngebhardt.de
Wed Aug 26 14:24:12 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 18:42 -0400, Bill Pippin wrote:
> Nils,
>
> About adding newer GBL contracts, thanks much for your trying out this
> approach as an alternative to reusing IB contract ids.
>
> > ... still having problems. ...

> You need to determine the ibc values for those FUT:DTB:GBL symbols
> from contract data queries, include them in place of the extended
> elipsis just prior to each semicolon, and uncomment out the commands
> by changing the initial six characters to be "update".  If you've
> already done this, my apologies, still there is clearly some kind of
> problem with the LocalFut.sql step, either because of something going
> wrong right here, or due to something going wrong at an earlier step.

Ater fixing the expiry with LocalFut.sql, so that I have an entry like

 echo "select * from Future where ibc = 56441312;" | mysql -u code
testing
uid	tid	eid	ibc	lsym	netexp	expiry	src
3646	5	323	56441312	FGBL SEP 09	20090908	20090908	6435

Then I can use the ibc identifiers, while this one still throws the same
error:

select tick FUT:DTB:GBL:EUR:20090908 1;
Process rule: InAction (ConA)
Process rule: Compound (FUT)
Syntax error:
Grammar rule: Compound FUT
Cursor state: match; text is:
select tick FUT:DTB:GBL:EUR:20090908 1;
------------------------------------^--
Process rule: MetaData (Expr)
Process rule: Compound (MdiC)
Syntax error:
Grammar rule: Compound MdiC
Cursor state: match; text is:
select tick FUT:DTB:GBL:EUR:20090908 1;
------------------------------------^--
Process rule: Compound (tick)
Syntax error:
Grammar rule: Compound tick
Cursor state: match; text is:
select tick FUT:DTB:GBL:EUR:20090908 1;
Drop:  1;

Del;

It is not so imprtant to me, I am fine with ibc identifiers, just for
completeness.

regars,

Nils