[ts-gen] Debugging intermittent lost posts [Was: Do I really need to ...]

Bill Pippin pippin at owlriver.net
Mon Sep 14 20:02:45 EDT 2009

Nils,

To return to the issue of your disappearing order status messages,
and although this may seem obvious, I do want to check:

Are the messages you're concerned about distinct, that is not
duplicates?  I ask because the declaration for the OrderStatus
table includes the following unique key constraints:

    unique key(acc, perm,                 status, filled, remaining),
    unique key(acc, client_id, order_tag, status, filled, remaining),

Duplicate record inserts, that is records that are equal over either
of the attribute subsets above, will be discarded with no error
message, since the related insert statement has the ignore keyword
following the verb.

If you want to experiment here, feel free to comment out the unique
key declarations for the OrderStatus table in sql/xact.sql, recreate
and repopulate tables in testing using create.sql, and then run
orders against the paper account to see if the problem goes away.