[ts-gen] Handling commissions and fees

Michael Gruen gruenm at gmail.com
Wed Sep 16 10:31:47 EDT 2009

Understanding that I'm veering a bit off the question, I just wanted to
mention a suggestion: IB makes available a configurable web service in
Reports Management, under "Activity Flex", where you can set up reports with
custom fields, including one for the exact commission charged on executed
trades.

I use a small Python routine that periodically fetches the generated report
(instructions are in Account Management on how to use a generated security
token, etc).

Again, I understand that it would be optimal to get it through TWS, but for
reconciliation purposes this may help to automate the process somewhat.

Regards,
Mike Gruen