[ts-gen] Handling commissions and fees

Paul C paulq2o0 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 05:25:16 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 01:16:35PM +0900, Ken Feng wrote:
> . . .
> Unfortunately, it looks like 3. will require a SecureID so I cannot
> automate fully.  I figure that even if I had a better option for 2., a
> reconciliation would force me to do 3. anyways - there will be fees
> that don't show up through TWS that need to be reconciled.
>
> I will have to revisit the SecureID issue in the near future.
>. . .

If the TWS is already running, it seems you can get to the IB website
Account Management without logging in again (i.e. without using the
security device a second time) by choosing "View->Account Management"
from the *TWS* menu.  It should then just appear in your browser (albeit
you may not know it, until you go find the browser window).  So if
you're running all week, maybe you're ok? - unless I'm misunderstanding
something.

( nb, I've just managed to automate retrieval of Trade Records from
the TWS 'Trades' page using the perl/ X11::GUITest approach, but it's
probably not robust, and is maybe asking for trouble, so I won't
elaborate here - it's not really shim related anyway.  The fact that
it's wrapped in html tags I don't see as a problem, and you can get
the Order_ID/Ref too, so presumably can associate a commission with an
order sent via the shim [and hence in a MySql table]. But it involves
sending keystrokes to the running TWS, which I don't much like. )

Regards

Paul