[ts-gen] Handling commissions and fees

Ken Feng kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 05:35:52 EDT 2009

On 9/17/09, Paul C <paulq2o0 at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> If the TWS is already running, it seems you can get to the IB website
> Account Management without logging in again (i.e. without using the
> security device a second time) by choosing "View->Account Management"
> from the *TWS* menu.  It should then just appear in your browser (albeit
> you may not know it, until you go find the browser window).  So if
> you're running all week, maybe you're ok? - unless I'm misunderstanding
> something.
>
> ( nb, I've just managed to automate retrieval of Trade Records from
> the TWS 'Trades' page using the perl/ X11::GUITest approach, but it's
> probably not robust, and is maybe asking for trouble, so I won't
> elaborate here - it's not really shim related anyway.  The fact that
> it's wrapped in html tags I don't see as a problem, and you can get
> the Order_ID/Ref too, so presumably can associate a commission with an
> order sent via the shim [and hence in a MySql table]. But it involves
> sending keystrokes to the running TWS, which I don't much like. )

That's great!  I wasn't aware of that feature - I thought I had to do
it through the website by hand!

Since I am already using Jemmy to manage the perpetual log-in, I can
use it to bring up the browser - I need to figure out how to scrape it
at that point.  I will try to use Jemmy or some java-related tool
since I'm using it to drive TWS.

Anyhow, thank you for pointing to a way out of this conundrum!

- Ken