[ts-gen] Blowup in Paper Account due to failed reception of OrderStatus 3/3/6 Filled

Ken Feng kfmfe04 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 08:26:52 EDT 2009

Here is a small update to what I found out so far in the MySQL tables.

1. OrderReport and OrderStatus were wrong in a consistent way - they
both think the last fill was at 12:30:55 and this concurs with the
shim log, suggesting that IB did not send some kind of Fill response
downstream.

2. OrderResult, which gets posted every five minutes, due to my
crontab logging into shim to do a mark-to-market, gets the correct
overall position, which is nice for a sanity-check, but doesn't the
requisite fill information (eg avg_cost), due to the fact that this
information is the aggregated position anyways, and not information on
the granularity of a trade or an order.

Unfortunately, these kinds of results are hard/nearly impossible to
reproduce, I think, until they crop up again.
I am looking for alternative solutions for Trade/Order Fill detection.

- Ken