[ts-general] shim-101126, syms

Nils Gebhardt mail at ngebhardt.de
Sun Dec 12 16:57:49 EST 2010

Hi,

somehow I have problems with symbols in shim-101126 and don't get it
resolved.
Running the setup script, adjusting some paths, I get complaints about a
missing column
called 'desc'. shim starts up, but reports that has 0 products loaded in
start up initialization.
Consequently other scripts are broken when referring to any syms.
Stepping through the sql scripts, it is the load script calling the data
files in the data directory that wants the
'desc' column which has in deed gone. I use the data files from
data-100614/, apparently not quite adequate, but I could not see  newer
ones.
Using an older setup.sql script from an early november version results
in errors quoted below - they are probably all to be expected since
the data base scheme has changed. Interestingly, shim still starts up.

I looked through the NEWS file, and I understand that there a quite a
few substantial changes also concerning the db setup and scheme, but I
am not quite
sure whether I missed a point completely, or is there a way to get it
running with the new scheme and the old data files?

Thanks

Nils

          The trading shim has connected to the database server and

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.DbLevel' doesn't exist
select uid, text from DbLevel order by uid;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'id' in 'field list'
select name, part, id from Exchange order by part, id;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.UndCon' doesn't exist
select ibc, tid, name, curr, stk2, oth2, mult from UndCon order by tid,
curr, name, ibc;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.FutCon' doesn't exist
select ibc, tid, name, curr, stk2, oth2, mult, expiry, lsym from FutCon
order by tid, curr, name, netexp, ibc;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1146 (42S02): Table 'testing.OptCon' doesn't exist
select ibc, tid, name, curr, stk2, oth2, mult, expiry, rite, strike from
OptCon order by tid, curr, name, expiry, rite, strike, ibc;

Problem: 414 mysql query evaluation failed
Error 1054 (42S22): Unknown column 'ibc' in 'field list'
select uid, mark, var, oid, ibc, exch, client_id, order_tag from
CreateEvent where uid >= 1 order by var;
           loaded      0 products.  The IB tws offered api level 51,
           and connection negotiation resulted in an api level of 23
           and a client id of  1.  Message  7 version: expected  5,
received  7 for Portfolio
Problem: 427 api msg version mismatch, api level too old
Message  7 version: expected  5, received  7 for Portfolio
Problem: 427 api msg version mismatch, api level too old
Message  7 version: expected  5, received  7 for Portfolio
Problem: 427 api msg version mismatch, api level too old
A query shows the account code to
           be .  Program initialization has been completed.