[ts-gen] Syntax error when requesting FUT ticks

Jordi Sanfeliu jordi at fibranet.cat
Fri Nov 19 02:57:07 EST 2010

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

David G wrote:
> Hi Jordi,
> try:
>
> select tick FUT:GLOBEX:ES:USD:20101217 at GLOBEX;

I've tried it but I still receive the same error message:

[~/IB/trading-shim/shim]$ ./shim --risk

           The trading shim has connected to the database server and
           loaded  51624 products.  The IB tws offered api level 50,
           and connection negotiation resulted in an api level of 40
           and a client id of  8.  A query shows the account code to
           be DUxxxxx.  Program initialization has been completed.

select tick FUT:GLOBEX:ES:USD:20101217 at GLOBEX;
Syntax error:
Grammar rule: Compound FUT
Cursor state: match; text is:
select tick FUT:GLOBEX:ES:USD:20101217 at GLOBEX;
--------------------------------------^-------
Grammar rule: Compound MdiC
Grammar rule: Compound tick
Skip