[ts-general] CentOS 6, Additional database build issue

Harry Balzer harry.balzer at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 24 11:13:39 EDT 2012

richard and paul -

thank you for your help.

irony of ironies, i found a typo in my my.cnf transaction variable, thought for sure it would work when fixed, and  ..... same error.
am i correct in believing that every run of the mysql db checks my.cnf?  i've run and rerun the setup.sql to wipe the dbs clean, but
i'm not sure if it's doing everything that should be done to guarantee the serialization is effective / implemented properly.

1.  i haven't had tws running while firing up the shim, is it possible the error is related to that?
2.  rebuild for the third time.  is there a sure fire way to wipe away all shim related activities before reinstalling?
3.  to downgrade mysql to a version that's sure to work.  does anybody have a version that's "simple" to coordinate with shim?

i apologize for all this.  most my problems are on my end with mysql, not the shim.  i appreciate free / wonderful tools and work
that's gone into them more than i possibly express.  the shim looks so useful, but i've had a very hard time technically making
things cooperate on my end.